What is covered depends on the length of course which you choose. Typically you will learn:
- Preserve life where a young person may be a danger to themselves or others
- Provide help to prevent the emotional or mental health issue developing into a more serious state
- Promote the recovery of good mental health
- Provide comfort to a young person experiencing a mental health issue
- Raise awareness of mental health issues in the community
- Reduce stigma and discrimination
To understand what is covered on this course further, download the brochure below.